Technical Architect - UC & NOC
Are you a thought leader and innovator? Do you constantly look for ways to lead change and improve the situations around you? This is your opportunity to do things differently with the freedom to truly innovate. Are you looking for a place where you can shape and influence technical decisions and implementations and evolve as new technologies come out? This is your chance to move from being a successful IT delivery executive to an unstoppable IT innovator.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Alliant currently has openings for a Technical Architects in two different flavors: Networking/Unified Communications (UC) and Network Operations Center (NOC). Both are hands-on senior positions that call for subject matter experts.
The Technical Architect for UC designs, configures, and optimizes UC networks for mid-sized to enterprise customers. In this position you will lead pre and post-sales meetings with clients to determine project scope, technical options and requirements. The TA UC works with Alliant’s sales organization to determine how UC technology can help our clients meet their business requirements. Key to this role is a broad and deep networking foundation with knowledge of UC skills.
The Technical Architect for NOC works on complex client problems, assists with designing and implementing support procedures, and is responsible for internal NOC design and administration decisions. Key to this role is a broad and deep networking foundation with knowledge of Network Operations Centers.
Alliant serves some of the most well-known brands in the world and these roles are critical to our ability to influence client decisions and provide a differentiated customer experience that delivers real business value. We challenge you to challenge our customers to focus on their future instead of managing the day-to-day.
As Alliant is challenging the industry’s status quo, these positions are expected to innovate and use their experience to create new best practices for client IT environments. These positions lead teams of Engineers on projects and provide technical leadership to less experienced engineers. Technical Architects often lead internal company initiatives as they analyze, test and recommend new solutions in support of product development. They also participate in Alliant’s recruiting and technical interview processes to help continue to build the strongest team of expert engineers.
THIS IS WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
The ideal Technical Architect can:
- Act as a thought leader and role model for a large and growing team of IT technical professionals.
- Fully understand and articulate the strategy of our continuous infrastructure model in both technical and business terms.
- Understand, innovate and improve Alliant UC solutions and value propositions in our ITIL-based model that includes Design, Transition & Operate phases.
- Understand customer business requirements and translate them into technical requirements working with senior IT leaders.
- Provide technology consulting working in partnership with sales for major account opportunities.
- Develop standards and guidelines.
- Keep up to date on relevant competitive technologies and products, particularly in the Unified Communications discipline.
- Lead internal company initiatives as well as mentorship for entry level engineers.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- 5-10 years’ experience with advanced technology.
- Advanced level in UC practice area, particularly UCM, UCCX, Video, Unity, Jabber, SFP.
- Advanced certifications including CCNP Voice, CCIE Collaboration.
- Solid core experience in IP Networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- Passion for solving complex IT problems.
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Freedom to innovate.
- To be the voice and the face of your team to our vendors and customers.
- Opportunity to transform an industry and deliver a future-focused customer experience.
- A winning culture. We believe that our culture has a powerful and direct impact on our success – and vice versa. It directly aligns with our core values, is the glue that binds our organization together and the hardest thing for our competitors to copy. We constantly challenge the status quo to continuously provide an exceptional customer experience. Our industry-leading team consists of fearless innovators with diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences. We promote a strong focus on learning and career advancement and believe in working and celebrating as a team. We’re proud that as Alliant continues to succeed and evolve, so does our thriving culture.
- Attractive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and matching 401(k).
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WHAT WE DO
Alliant Technologies offers a unique IT Infrastructure consumption model and a carefully designed customer experience that is nothing short of exceptional. We design, deploy and manage global IT infrastructure as a utility for some of the most well-known brands in the world. We’re a growth company that’s on a fast track of success due to our innovative approach that’s getting IT leaders back to their own innovation. Our proprietary products have been developed to enable an IT infrastructure with unmatched strength, agility, reliability—and lowered Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Now we’re looking for passionate, innovative team members who want to transform the industry with us.
Honorable. Fearless. Innovative. Those are our values and we take them very seriously. In fact, they’re written on our walls as a daily reminder of what we strive to achieve. Do they sound like words that describe you, too? If so, we need to talk.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
It’s time to take your career to the next level. If you’re ready to be part of an innovative team in a cutting-edge, professional environment, now’s your chance. We’re waiting to hear from you. Contact us at and check us out at www.allianttech.com